When it comes to writing a resume, there are certain do’s and don’ts that you should follow to ensure that your resume stands out from the rest. A resume is a document that outlines your qualifications, skills, and experience, and it is important to make sure that it is well-written and professional. Here are some of the do’s and don’ts of writing a resume.
• Do make sure that your resume is tailored to the job you are applying for. Make sure that you highlight the skills and experience that are relevant to the job.
• Do use a professional font and format. Make sure that your resume is easy to read and looks professional.
• Do include a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to introduce yourself and explain why you are the best candidate for the job.
• Do proofread your resume. Make sure that there are no spelling or grammar mistakes.
• Do include references. Make sure to include contact information for at least two references.
• Don’t include irrelevant information. Make sure that your resume is focused on the job you are applying for.
• Don’t use an unprofessional email address. Make sure that your email address is professional and appropriate.
• Don’t use an unprofessional photo. Photos are not necessary on a resume, but if you choose to include one, make sure that it is professional.
• Don’t lie or exaggerate. Make sure that all of the information on your resume is accurate and truthful.
• Don’t use jargon or abbreviations. Make sure that your resume is easy to understand and free of jargon or abbreviations.
Following these do’s and don’ts of writing a resume will help ensure that your resume stands out from the rest and that you are the best candidate for the job. Good luck!